Monday, April 13, 2015

A New Hand-quilting Project



Christine bought a new book online. When we went out for lunch on Saturday, we spent much of our time drooling over the patterns, dreaming of the quilts we will make.  The book is "Farm Girl Vintage" and is filled with patterns inspired by life on a farm.  I picked one block to try first...

Here is the fabric I chose:
 All from my stash--it is all about stash reduction!


My husband thought this was a chicken...



Sorry--I could not get this picture to turn--just tilt your head to the right....   I embroidered eyes...

and legs...


and added some borders and cornerstones...



I think it is a fine looking sheep, perfect for some Spring hand quilting.

It is all pin basted and ready to go. I may try to get in some stitching time tonight.

This will be a birthday gift for my MIL.  She does not read my blog. If you know her, please do not spill the beans.  My MIL loves sheep! (and my quilts!)

I took this picture in my backyard yesterday.  My daughter brought this tree home from a field trip to a tree farm in grade one or two.  It was a bare-root seedling, about a foot tall when she got it.  It is now over 20 feet tall and growing happily in our backyard.





No comments:

Post a Comment