Monday, July 13, 2015

Some quilting, some binding and some trees.

Saturday was the monthly meeting of the London Modern Quilt Guild...yes, I have joined a third quilt guild!  The LMQG meets 12 times a year, including the summer months.  Christine has joined too.  I worked hard last week to get my vortex quilt quilted in time to bring it for show and tell on Saturday. Nothing like a deadline to make me get something done!  
 

I used yellow thread on top and orange thread in the bobbin and quilted a series of organic wavy lines on this quilt.  The binding was not on it time for the meeting so I put that on tonight when Christine came over for our weekly sewing night.


You can see some of the backing fabric in this picture--all from my stash.  I started to hand sew the binding tonight--watch for the full reveal later this week.

I also made some trees tonight.

These are for a specific UFO which I will show later.  I need to make 15 in total--I am 1/3 of the way there.

My garden is looking great these days...


Echinacea are blooming.

 I love the orange butterfly weed,

 
and the daisies.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment