Sunday, October 4, 2015

Ugh! I hate unsewing...

I have been on a bit of a roll this week with Frank...I managed to find a little bit of time to stitch almost every day this week!  I even worked on Frank at lunch at work! 

Last week:



This week:


Today, on our way to visit my MIL, I worked on Frank again in the car.  I was doing some more back stitching when I discovered not one, but TWO! spots where I had put my stitches one thread away from where they should be.  UGH!  Unsewing counted cross stitch is not fun!  It involves picking out each stitch individually in the opposite order that they were put in...this works well until you can't figure out the order...then, unsewing involves very fine pointy scissors and small pieces of thread to pick out.  Thankfully, the mistakes have been rectified and I am on my way to making progress once again.



BTW...ever since I started bringing extra needles along when I am working on Frank in the car, I have not dropped the needle even once!

Cold and rainy all day today so no lovely pictures of fields and pumpkins and trees with colourful fall leaves today... maybe next week!


14 comments:

  1. I hate unsewing too and only do it if I can't fudge it. Unfortunately your beautiful stained glass window project looks like there is no room for fudging. It will be amazing when done though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the worst. Been there and remember the pain. Hope things go swimmingly today for you. Frank has made so much progress - great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank's progress is fun to see though it sounds difficult to do the unpicking indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're getting more stitching time in. Amazing how it can make a difference to a day's outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the unsewing, but you made some great progress this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unpicking is never fun, is it? But even with that you have made a lot of progress this week and he's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress! Although frog stitching is not fun Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frank is just beautiful. Love the progress. I hate to have to take out cross-stitch. I think it is worse that frogging knitting. I hope you can avoid anymore mistakes. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitch work is just lovely . . . and you're right, pulling stitches from counted cross stitch is the pits. But you'll be so glad you did it in the end! Hopefully the weather clears and brightens this week and you'll get your fill of that fall color!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Think we all agree with your opinion of "unsewing". I am new to Slow Stitching, so had to go back to your earlier posts to understand what you are stitching. As a Graphic Designer, I applaud your ingenuity. I am a great fan of Wright's work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Old age has attacked my memory again... Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog, Lakeshore Stitches...much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate having to rip out stitches of any kind! But yes, although i haven't done much counted cross stitch recently, I do remember how frustrating and time consuming it is. It's always worth it in the end though. Frank will look amazing when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes... we all hate unstitching :(
    Hopefully that nastiness and the needle searching is all behind you now!
    Smooth stitching ahead!

    ReplyDelete